Body organs aren’t limited to what’s inside your body like the heart, lungs, and brain. The largest organ, which is your skin, is on the outside. As the largest organ of human body, skin coverage is about 2 square meters and carries 16%-20% of our weight.
Skin plays an important role in the human body. It shields you from sun rays, guards the body against extremes of temperature, and harmful chemicals. Therefore, skin health can affect your overall health.
There are two factors that affect skin health: internal and external. The internal factors are a result of both genetics and lifestyle, while the external factors can come from the environment or anything outside your body.
A few bad habits or lifestyles that can damage your skin health are:
- Lack of sleep and high-stress level
- Addiction to smoking and alcohol
- Lack of proper nutrition (e.g. protein)
As for the external factors, these are:
- Erratic weather and extreme temperature
- UVA and UVB rays
- Pollution and dirt
- Harsh chemical ingredients of skin care products
To protect your skin health, especially from external factors, you need to:
- Cleanse your skin regularly with a gentle cleanser that has no excessive foam and added fragrance.
- Moisturize your skin regularly.
- Protect your skin with sunscreen that matches with your skin type.
As long as you practice a healthy lifestyle and do the right skin care regimen, you can keep your skin at its best condition. Find the best skincare regimen from Cetaphil in here.