To choose the right skin care regimen, you need to know basic facts about your skin. As the largest human organ which can protect your body, skin weighs about 16% – 20% of your overall weight. Furthermore, here are some more facts about your skin.
- Skin has a regeneration cycle. Skin regeneration cycle is every 28 days; it includes the skin on your face and the whole-body. The regeneration process will replace the damaged skin cells with the new skin cells. This is similar to an exfoliation process and it will happen twice more at night.
- Skin sheds dead skin cells. Skin can constantly shed 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells every minute. As such, you need to cleanse the dead skin cells to avoid irregular skin regeneration cycle.
- The thickness of your skin can change. Your skin is its thickest on your feet (about 1.4 mm) and thinnest on your eyelids (around 0.2 mm). However, skin can form additional thickness and toughness if exposed to repeated friction or pressure. It’s commonly called as a callus.
- Skin is a huge touch sensor. The nerves in your skin can send signals to react to pain, heat, touch, etc. There are at least 5 five different types of receptors that respond to pain and touch.
Keep your skin healthy by doing these tips:
- Choose a cleanser and moisturizer that suits your skin type. Avoid products with alcohol or added fragrance.
- Cleanse and moisturize your skin before you go to sleep.
- Apply sunscreen to protect your skin against UV rays.
- Regularly exercise, drink enough water, sleep well and avoid staying up late.
You can use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser as a skin cleanser, Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion to moisturize your skin and Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50+ to protect your skin. You can get all Cetaphil’s products from here.