Healthy skin is the reflection of a healthy body. Healthy skin has a regular skin regeneration cycle which is every 28-48 days (depends on the age). There are several factors besides age that can damage skin regeneration cycles, such as lifestyle and environment. The irregular skin regeneration cycle will make your skin look dull, rough, uneven color, and will also intensify the ageing signs, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
The skin regeneration is a process to renew or improve the skin layer and it happens all over the skin whether it is on your face or body. This improvement starts from the base layer of the epidermis, stratus basale, where new skin cells are formatted. The new skin cell will push the old skin cell to skin surface. It will make the outer layer of epidermis, stratum corneum, full with dead skin cells, so you need to cleanse it regularly.
Here are the tips to keep your skin regeneration cycle run regularly:
- Cleanse your skin daily, in the morning and at night with a gentle cleanser. You can use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to keep your skin clean.
- Apply moisturizer to keep your skin dewy. Use Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion to keep your skin moist all day long.
- Apply sunscreen like Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50 to protect your skin against the negative effect of sun radiation.
- Consume more fruits and vegetables which are good for your skin.
- Do sports to increase the circulation and nutrition distribution to your skin. The sweating helps to release the dirt which is stuck inside the pore.
- Take enough sleep to control your stress and emotion.
Keeping your skin regeneration cycle regularly will help you to look young. Find Cetaphil’s product that you need in here.