Has your skin ever reacted negatively to certain skin care products with fragrance? It could be a sign that you have sensitive skin. To keep your skin healthy, you need to know what sensitive skin is and its causes.
Sensitive skin is a condition when skin reacts in a bad way to certain product or environment. The reactions could be like irritation, itchiness, pain, stings, or tight skin. This happens because the nerve endings in the top layer of your skin are irritated. A broken skin barrier will also make the nerves to be more prone to irritation.
Here are some factors that may cause sensitive skin:
- Exposure to sun and air pollution
- Frequent and drastic changes in temperature
- Cold, harsh weather or very hot water
- Lack of sleep and regularly staying up late at night
- High stress level
- Dry skin and dehydration
- Skin care products with fragrance, alcohol, and ethanol
To prevent frequent irritation and to keep your skin healthy, you can do the following tips:
- Patch test a new product.
- Use non-fragrance, non-alcohol, non-ethanol cleanser, moisturizer, and sun screen.
- Moisturize your skin right after shower and all-day long.
- Apply sun screen to protect skin from UV rays.
- Get enough sleep.
Anyone can have sensitive skin. Therefore, you need to use the right skin care regimen to prevent skin irritation. Use Cetaphil products which have gentle formulas without the added fragrance and suitable for sensitive skin. You could buy Cetaphil’s product from here.