Rashes or skin redness can be one of skin problem symptoms. It is usually caused by allergies, immune system disorders, dry skin, hot temperature, side effect of drug or cosmetic usage, and even sun exposure.
Besides mentioned above, skin redness also can be caused by improper skincare routine such as:
1. Excessive foaming soap. This type of cleanser can dry out your skin and make it irritate easily.
2. Excessive usage of skin exfoliation product. It can strip out your skin moisture and disturb your skin barrier.
3. Lack of skin moisture. Not moisturizing your skin regularly can lose your skin barrier protection.
4. Unprotected skin. Not applying sunscreen to protect your skin make your skin prone to the negative effect of ultraviolet rays.
5. Unsuitable skincare. Your skin can react to product which is made not for its type.
There are three steps of skincare routine to avoid rashes or skin redness which are cleansing, moisturizing, and protecting with right products.
You should cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser without excessive foam and added fragrance. Choose Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to cleanse your dry, oily, or sensitive skin. There also is Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser to specifically cleanse your oily skin type.
Moisturizing your skin should be done regularly everyday especially after you cleanse your skin. Use light-weight moisturizer so it can easily be absorbed into the skin and avoid moisturizer with added fragrance which can irritate your skin. Choose Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion or Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for your dry skin. Choose Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for your oily, and sensitive skin.
Protect your skin against the sun UV radiation by applying sunscreen religiously. Choose Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer as sunscreen for your oily and sensitive skin. You can also use Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50 which is suitable for any skin type.